Important Committee Announcement

General Club News and Info

Important Committee Announcement

Postby Shadow59 » 05 Apr 2015, 15:46

Hi All,
We mentioned at our last meeting that the 59 Club in Australia will go back to its roots and what the original idea was when the club was created. The 59 Club has a rich history and it is important that we continue with the ideas and principal the 59 club was founded on, at the beginning in England and here in Australia. The 59 Club Australia has found a place among all the other clubs which is unique and not like the others. We are a Rockers Club! We want to stay true to what the club was when it started over 50 years ago, a Rockers club with no rules (just a few friendly guide lines) It’s about the Rockers era of the 50’s and 60’s. It’s about cool and old school bikes, the music and the fashion. It’s about old fashion hanging out with your mates, working on bikes, going for a burn and hanging out at the caf, having parties, Rock n’ Roll music, racing and generally having a good time. We accepts all bikes, but we have a love for Brit bikes old and new, Cafe Racers or bikes build in the spirit of a Cafe racer (which would be something like a modern Speed Triple, Buell, BMW R Nine T etc) classic bikes of all kinds or custom bikes (Bobbers, Choppers etc) NO Scooters, NO Trikes and if you have a big tourer with trailer I’m sure other clubs would be more suited.
We are getting more selective about whose joins the club or stays in the club. You have to be honest with yourself about why you are in the club. If you don’t really like anything of the above, is this the right club for you? Don’t make it dependent on club registration or because a friend is in the club. You don’t have to be a member to come for rides and events or hang out. We have a strict probationary period to make sure that we have members that show the right attitude and commitment. Current members are encouraged to participate and attend. Once you are a member of the 59 club you can be proud to be part of a family that has a strong bond here in Australia and also internationally. Some members have many patches and pin on their jackets, others just a few but if it’s only one patch it needs to be the official round 59 patch. Wear it with pride like the many thousands of 59ers before you.
There are brand specific clubs like Triumph, Moto Guzzi, BMW clubs and clubs like Vintage Japanese, Cafe Racers, social clubs that happen to ride motorcycles (Ulysses) or touring clubs (we do not wear colourful leathers or reflective vests and dryriders), marketing clubs like HOG, FOB, RAT and of course 1% clubs (we do not ape OMC paraphernalia or use OMC terminology like 59FF59). We are none of the above and never aimed to be anything like a normal bike club. Riding with your mates in the 59 Club, as opposed to riding with people who are on the same Facebook page should surely be a different thing.
If you want to start your own club to suit your needs, that’s fine too. But don’t use the 59 club as a recruiting ground. Leave the 59 club and concentrate on your club. Some 59 Club members are members of other clubs as well, like brand specific clubs which are a great resource of info. You can still show that you are a proud 59 Club member when attending other clubs rides and events.
If you like to get involved in politics, the 59 Club is definitely not for you. If you have hidden agendas the same applies.
When using our Facebook pages or Forum, make sure you do not offend or insult. You can have a rant but keep it nice. Just like our club, our social media pages should be fun.
Your decision to be a member should be based on all of the above.

Let the Legend live on! 59 Rockers Forever!
Shadow59

Re: Important Committee Announcement

Postby CandyDandy » 06 Apr 2015, 19:02

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
I can never understand why people decide to make a commitment to something only to try to change it into something that suits them better.
Just go find the thing that suits you better in the first place, less stress for all concerned & we'll all be happier in the long run.
Ride safe!
Love Candy
(S.A. Branch 'Nom')
CandyDandy

Postby milsy » 15 Apr 2015, 19:56

well written shadow, truly written in the spirit of the club, i have always been old school as i believe it is the true era of rock and roll hence my own ideas are to ride and live this classic style and to create my own bike to fit the old school era of rock and roll.

cheers
Milsy
Last edited by milsy on 24 May 2015, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Milsy
milsy

Postby MLeon64 » 01 May 2015, 13:03

Well Said - exactly why I have sent my membership form.
Cant wait to be a part of the 59 family
MLeon64

Return to The 59 Club News