Forum Upgrades and Improvements

General Club News and Info

Forum Upgrades and Improvements

Postby Tinman » 26 Aug 2014, 20:36

Hello 59 Club Forum Users.
We have recently undergone more upgrades and changes with the forum.

What does this mean for you?

To start with the design has been kept very simple, you can still post images and links and everything else.

What has changed?
We have changed the registration process. New users can sign up but will need to get passed 3 security features to stop the automated bots. From here they will be in a new group and unable to post until authorized.
If you are a new user on the forums please speak with Matt Bate at the next meeting to organize access to post.

But why?
Well the big changes will allow us to keep out the spam and still give the forum users the access and visibility you like.

What is to come?
The new forum features allow us to create more groups and allow different access to these groups, such as members only areas, or even sections for custom group.... While we dont have these setup at the moment these can be implemented in the feature as the needs of the club change.

What if I see spam or something I dont like?
Well the other new feature is that there is you can report a post, this means that a team member from the forum is required to investigate, and either block, warn or delete the offending post.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, if you have any questions please speak with Seagull (Matt Bate) who is the current Forum Administrator.

Kind regards
Tinman
Tinman

Re: Forum Upgrades and Improvements

Postby Mullet » 01 Sep 2014, 21:59

Hey Tin Man / Seagull, you asked to try the site out, I have just been flicking around different areas, members as well and so far so good, I haven’t seen any crap come up, not like last time; so fingers crossed, you guys can have some piece for a minute, ha ha
C U at the meeting Wednesday evening.

Keep on Riding
Have a Good One
Mullet. :)
Mullet

Postby Mullet » 01 Sep 2014, 22:02

The post time is not right, it’s know 10.02 PM. 01.09.2014
Mullet

Postby Tinman » 01 Sep 2014, 22:41

Thanks for the update Mullet, I will look into the post time, just made a few more changes so will continue the test for another 24 hours, but so far so good!!!
Tinman

Return to The 59 Club News